Saved from destruction for a parking lot, this wonderful antebellum home was moved a mile to a downtown Newnan location. Filled with original early details and fabulous rustic floors, antique furnishings and decor, the home and its adjoining garden make the perfect venue for a wedding and/or reception.
The hand-painted floor in the gathering room is naturally aged from years of parties and dancing. The big porch across the back of the house is a favorite spot for relaxing and visiting. The old courthouse and historic court square are only a block away.
The Major Long House was originally built in 1846 and its restoration won a Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Award for Excellence in Restoration in 2003.